Monday, January 16, 2012

The Resolution

**This post was originally published on my previous blog, Confessions of a Supermommy.**

For me, writing has always required time. And confidence. A feeling of steadiness. Of security. I like a good night's sleep, too. And did I mention, time?

Throughout the past year, it seems I've been missing one or two of those things, and at times, all of them. It's true; life has been hectic. My husband was away for four months. We moved. We had our third baby, a beautiful boy. Those are the headlines, really. But the little stories, the important stories, are missing. I'm realizing now that I've missed writing them.

My goal for this year is to start again. Put me down for a post a week, four a month. Lord knows I've never had less free time, and I haven't had a good night's sleep in months. There are moments every day that I know I'm in way over my head. None of this points towards success on my part, but I'm hoping to shake off that idea of "perfect" writing conditions, "perfect" writing, and just write again. For me. I'm counting on you to keep me honest.

A couple photos of our sweet Baby C…
Baby C at 1 week old.
Baby C at 2 months old.



No comments:

Post a Comment